Coconut jam is a combination of ingredients made from coconut including coconut jelly, coconut jelly, shredded coconut, and coconut milk. The crispy taste of coconut fiber, the cool taste of jelly and greasy coconut milk give diners a new but equally enjoyable feeling.
Ingredients for pickled coconut tea
Coconut jelly part
- 1 young coconut
- 3 gr crispy jelly
- 1 pack of flexible jelly powder
- 70g sugar
Coconut milk part
- 200g grated coconut
- 80g sugar
- Condensed milk, salt
- 300g fresh copra
- 600g tapioca flour
- Hot water
How to cook pickled coconut tea
Step 1: Make coconut jelly
– Young coconut you bring to chop the water, keep the copra part. Then, ½ of the rice you bring into thin strands, spread coconut fibers on the jelly tray. The rest you cut thick yarn to separate cups.
– You put the jelly powder on a plate, mix it with the sugar. Then add filtered water and fresh coconut water, turn to medium heat and bring to a boil. When the water boils, you add the jelly mixture, stirring while stirring.
– When the jelly powder is completely dissolved, turn off the stove and pour the jelly into a tray with coconut, you can put it in a flower, heart or square tray and then cut it with a knife. Let the jelly trays cool completely, then put them in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Make coconut pearls
– Put 600g of tapioca flour in a bowl to drain, you can pour it through a sieve to make the tapioca more smooth. Next, add warm water and mix the flour well, knead until the dough is smooth and smooth. Knead until the dough is soft and does not stick to your hands. Cover the dough with cling film and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
– Next, the soul of the coconut pearl is the copra. Therefore, you need to choose the type that is not too young, not too old. Then, you peel off the outer brown skin, wash it with water. Then cut the coconut into small pieces, with the tip of a chopstick to make pearls.
– Go to the stage of molding pearls. First, you divide the dough into small balls and then flatten the dough, so that you can fit the sliced coconut. Make the dough with coconut filling so that the filling is not exposed and not distorted. Do it until you run out of copra.
Next, you prepare to cook a pot of boiling water. When the water boils, drop the coconut pearls in, boil until the pearls float to the surface, then take them out and immediately put them in a bowl of cold water. Thus, coconut pearls will be crispy, not sticky and more flexible.
Step 3: Cook coconut milk
– You grate the coconut into thin fibers and then add warm water to knead, squeeze out the juice. Then, put all the coconut milk in a pot with a little salt and sugar and then put it on the stove to cook on low heat.
– When the coconut milk is boiling, add the cornstarch that has been stirred with a little water to create a consistency. Turn off the heat and add condensed milk, stir well, let cool so that the coconut milk has a greasy taste.
Step 4: Done
You put coconut jelly and coconut pearls in a glass, then add ice, then add coconut milk. Sprinkle coconut fiber on top and you’ll finish the cooking method. You can also add roasted sesame seeds or crushed roasted peanuts to create a fatter flavor!
So the way to cook coconut jam is completed. You have a cool, sweet, and mildly aromatic finished product that helps dispel the heat.