Nutritional value of tuna
– Weight loss: Growing in the ocean environment, this fish is especially clean, rich in protein and nutrients such as DHA, Omega-3, Taurine, EPA… However, tuna contains very little fat and calories. Therefore, tuna is considered a very good source of nutrition for the human body and is really an effective aid in weight loss.
– Eye supplement: Tuna is rich in Omega-3, so eating them is especially good for those who have dry eye syndrome – a disease that occurs when the amount of tears is too little. High consumption of Omega-3 has a protective effect, preventing and reducing the risk of disease by up to 20%.
– Prevent atherosclerosis: Atherosclerosis is a fairly common disease in modern life, it does not appear immediately but accumulates gradually over time. The disease often has no symptoms and is a serious threat to the elderly. Eating tuna is surprisingly effective in reducing blood lipid levels, preventing atherosclerosis.
Activate brain cells and promote brain activity: Tuna contains a lot of DHA, which belongs to the group of Omega-3 fatty acids. Therefore, eating tuna promotes regeneration of brain cells, improves and prevents the risk of dementia.
– Prevent anemia, iron deficiency: Using tuna as an ingredient in weekly dishes will supplement the amount of iron needed by the body and prevent anemia.
– Protect liver and enhance liver function: Abundant amounts of DHA, EPA and Taurine in tuna will reduce the amount of fat in the blood and promote healthy growth of liver cells.
Reduce the level of “bad” cholesterol: To reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood, it is necessary to choose for yourself the right and healthy foods, to maintain the body’s resistance, typically tuna.
Fragrant Braised Tuna
First, we will go into how to cook tuna with pineapple . This is a dish with the style of Central cuisine.
Ingredients to prepare to make fragrant braised tuna
- 700g tuna
- 2 tomatoes
- Green onion, ginger, chili, garlic
- 1 pineapple
- 1/2 onion
- Fish sauce, salt, seasoning, cooking oil, pepper
How to braise tuna with pineapple
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Tuna washed, cut fish into bite-sized circles, marinated with 2 tablespoons of delicious fish sauce, a little salt, seasoning, pepper and chili for about 20-30 minutes to infuse the spices.
– Pineapple (pineapple) peeled, cut eyes, cut into bite-sized pieces. Tomato and onion peeled, washed and cut into wedge shape. Green onions are washed, cut off the head and smashed.
Step 2: Proceed to fish stock with pineapple
– Put the pot on the stove, pour oil into the heat and then add the onion head to the island, then add the tomatoes and pineapple to stir-fry and then put in a bowl.
– Put the marinated fish in the pot, pour in the marinade, add the onion. Put all the fried tomatoes and pineapples in the fish pot, turn on the stove to medium heat. You can fry the fish and then store it, or you can put the fish directly into the warehouse.
Step 3: Decorate and enjoy
– When the fish is almost cooked, add water to cover the surface of the fish and then continue to boil, then simmer until the water is almost dry, seasoning to taste. Cook until the water is still a bit thick.
– Pour fish and pineapple on a plate, garnish with a few stalks of coriander for fragrance.
Tuna braised with tomatoes
Like fragrant braised tuna, how to make tomato braised tuna is quite simple. With just a few small tips, you will have a delicious and attractive braised fish dish. Let’s find out right here.
Ingredients to prepare to make tomato braised tuna
- 500g tuna
- 2 tomatoes
- Purple onion, green onion
- Seasoning: salt, seasoning, pepper, sugar, fish sauce, cooking oil
How to braise tuna with tomatoes
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Tuna cleaned or you can buy ready-made ones in the supermarket, just rub salt and rinse with water. Note that when preparing tuna, the skin should be removed because tuna contains relatively high levels of mercury, which can be dangerous to the body.
To remove the tuna skin, use a sharp knife to cut under the fish about 0.5cm, then filter out all the skin and put the fish in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes. When in a sudden cold environment the mercury will shrink and evaporate, thus helping to reduce the mercury in the tuna.
– Wash and cut tomatoes.
– Marinate tuna with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon seasoning powder, 2 teaspoons sugar and mix well then cover with cling film, leave for about 30 minutes for the fish to absorb all seasoning.
Step 2: Proceed to fish stock with tomatoes
– Put the pan on the stove, fill it with oil and fry the fish until golden brown on all sides, then remove the fish.
– Fry the minced purple onion in a pan, then add the tomatoes and stir-fry, use a spoon to lightly crush the tomatoes, then pour a little water, bring the tomato sauce to a boil.
– When the tomatoes are boiling, add the tuna and cook, cover and pay attention to about 5 minutes to flip the fish once so that the tomato sauce is evenly absorbed on the surface of the fish. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. Add more seasoning to taste.
Step 3: Presentation
– Soft fish you put on a plate, sprinkle a little pepper and enjoy with hot rice.
Braised tuna with what soup?
Braised tuna with tamarind and sour soup, egg soup cooked with tomatoes and onions, beef pickle soup or squash cooked with ribs… are all very delicious, you can refer to it to change the taste of the whole family.
Fresh and juicy tuna, chewy meat soaked in spices will make braised fish more delicious and attractive. With the way to make braised tuna with fragrant and delicious tomatoes , your family has some more delicious dishes to use with white rice on cold days, right? This is a very easy dish to prepare but very delicious and easy to eat. Wish you success and your meal!