Not only is it a delicious food, but eel meat also contains high nutritional content such as vitamins A, B1, B6, sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, etc. Compared with shrimp and crab, eel meat has nutritional value. highest maintenance. Therefore, delicacies from eel such as eel porridge, eel vermicelli, braised eel, fried eel with lemongrass and chili… are always considered nutritious food for sick people, children and the elderly. Now let’s get started on how to cook fried eel with lemongrass and chili!
- 400g eel
- 100g wood ear fungus
- Leaves of guise (depending on preferences may or may not be)
- 1 onion
- Spring onion
- Sugar, salt, pepper, fish sauce, water fat, turmeric powder
How to make simple fried eel with lemongrass and chili
Step 1: Prepare eel meat and ingredients
– When you buy eel, you do it in the above way. Then, cut the eel into pieces and filter the meat or leave the bones if you like.
– Lemongrass you smashed, chopped.
– Minced chili.
– Wash the bay leaves and cut them into small pieces.
– Wash and chop scallions.
– Peanuts are roasted until golden crispy, then peeled and crushed.
Step 2: Marinate the eel meat
You put the eel in a bowl and marinate with ½ lemongrass, minced chili, 1 teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon turmeric, ½ teaspoon seasoning. Then, use chopsticks to stir well and marinate for about 15 minutes for the eel to absorb the spices.
Step 3: Stir-fry eel
When the eel has absorbed the spices, put the fat pan on the stove and then add the onions and lemongrass to saute. Next, add the eel meat and stir-fry until the eel hunts again. At that time, you taste the seasoning to taste and then add the scallions, bay leaves and minced chili to the island until cooked, then turn off the heat and put the eel on a plate. Finally, you put crushed peanuts on top.
Step 4: Done
To make the dish more unique, you can put a few slices of chili or a few herbs on top. That’s the way to cook fried eel with lemongrass and chili.
How to choose good eel and prepare the eel without fishy
– To make dishes from eel more delicious, you should choose field eel with yellow skin because it is firmer and more fragrant than farmed eel with black skin. Moreover, when choosing to buy, you should not choose too large children, but should choose the right size.
– When buying, you need to clean the eel by stripping the eel with kitchen ash or washing the eel with lemon juice or rice water. Note, vinegar should not be used to remove eel slime because vinegar will make the eel lose its inherent characteristic flavor.
Or you can also put the eel in boiling water while still alive to clean the slime of the eel. When the eel is cleaned, you cut open the belly and remove all the internal organs. Note, you should not use a knife to cut the belly of the eel, but use a sharp bamboo stick to make the meat so that the eel will no longer have a fishy smell. After that, rinse with salt water, absolutely do not wash cold water to remove the fishy smell of the eel.
– When you buy eel, put it in a plastic bag, tie it tightly and put it in the freezer of the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Then take out the eels to soak them in water and then use a dishcloth to gently scrape the eels, you will see the slime go away easily.
Notes when processing eel meat
When marinating eel meat with spices, you should not use fish sauce and ginger because these ingredients do not match. Instead, you can use salt, pepper, white wine or turmeric to make the eel more fragrant.
– For dishes from eel, you can eat with vegetables such as: banana flowers, braised coriander, water subjects…
– And finally, should be dipped with tamarind fish sauce or pure salted fish sauce, should not use soy sauce, seasoning fish sauce or sweet and sour fish sauce.