Braised pork with white radish – a dish with strong family flavor
To say a sentence about food, you will probably think of the phrase “family taste” first! In fact, for Vietnamese people, the simpler the dishes, the closer they are, the stronger the family flavor is. It is the taste of mother’s love, grandmother’s love and father’s care.
Family dishes in general and radish braised pork in particular are prepared to add to the mother’s concern and concern for the whole family. Not luxurious, just close and easy-to-find ingredients such as bacon, white radish and common spices, but through the skillful hands of the mother, it has become an extremely attractive dish.
Each piece of pork is dyed brown with cockroach wings, moderate softness, both lean and fat, one bite is like wanting to take more bites. To combat boredom for the dish, my mother added white radish. This is the highlight of the dish. The radish is stocked with meat, so it is richly spiced, the outside is covered with a beautiful golden brown color, but the inside still retains a transparent color. Picking up the piece of meat with a little rich radish, scooping up a little more rice, the taste in the mouth becomes perfect harmony.
How to make radish braised pork with mother’s flavor
Ingredients for cooking white radish braised meat
- 400g bacon
- 2 medium-sized radishes
- Red onion, garlic, chili, pepper
- Green onions and parsley
- Sugar, cooking oil
- Common seasonings: salt, fish sauce, seasoning, salt
How to make delicious radish braised meat
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Buy pork, you wash it with clean water, next, wash it with diluted salt water to eliminate odors, then rinse with clean water again and drain. Drain the meat, cut it into cubes about 3-4cm in size. Note with this dish, you should cut the meat a little thick.
The radish you choose is large, then peeled, washed and cut into strips about 5cm long, about 2cm thick. Because radishes are quick to cook and easily absorb spices, you should cut them relatively large.
– Red onion peeled, smashed, garlic, chili, pepper in the mortar and pounded until fragrant.
– Green onions and parsley pick off damaged, deep leaves, wash, cut into pieces about 2cm and drain.
Step 2: Marinate braised meat
– Meat after preliminary processing, put in a bowl, marinate with a tablespoon of sugar, ½ tablespoon of monosodium glutamate, ½ tablespoon of seasoning, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce and the crushed red onion, garlic, pepper, crushed fake chili. Mix well and marinate for 15 minutes for the meat to infuse the flavors.
Step 3: Make colored water
– Put the pan on the stove, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, when the oil is hot, add about 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar. At this time, adjust the heat to medium and use chopsticks to stir the sugar continuously until the sugar turns brown, then quickly add the marinated pork.
– You stir-fry the meat until you see that the colored water covers all around the meat and the meat starts to hunt and absorb the spices, then add the coconut water to cover the surface of the meat. At this time, you adjust the heat to low, cover the pot and proceed to braise the meat.
Step 4: Stew pork with radish
– You have cooked the meat for about 15 minutes, then open the pot lid and taste the broth to see if it is ready to eat? If not, you can add sugar, salt, fish sauce, seasoning seeds, and monosodium glutamate to taste.
– Cook until the meat is almost tender, then put the radishes in the warehouse together. Because radishes ripen quickly, you need to be careful. If you find the stock is dry, you can add a little more.
Step 5: Finish and enjoy the dish
– Radishes are soft and absorbent, then turn off the heat, sprinkle with green onions and parsley, you can add a few slices of chili to make it beautiful.
– Braised radish with pork is the best enjoyed with hot rice.
With just such a simple way of making white radish braised meat , you have a delicious and attractive dish right away. Go to the kitchen and do it right away.