Snails contain many nutrients, especially calcium and vitamins A, B1, B2…. In medicine, copper snails have a sweet taste, soldering properties, so they clear heat, benefit water, treat difficult urination, detoxify and eliminate boils, bloody hemorrhoids, swollen red eyes, etc. Since ancient times, snails have been the raw materials for processing many delicious dishes, especially fried snails with lemongrass and chili and fried snails with bamboo shoots. Let’s conquer these two dishes through the recipes to make fried snails with lemongrass and chili and how to make fried snails with bamboo shoots below!
How to make delicious fried snail with lemongrass and chili
Ingredients for stir-fried snails with lemongrass and chili
Sauteed snail part
- Snails: 1 kg
- Lemongrass: 3 plants
- Lemon leaves, chili, garlic, ginger
- Seasoning: cooking oil, salt, pepper, sugar, ketchup
- Fish sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Cool boiled water: 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon: 1/2 fruit
- Thinly sliced chili: 1
- Sugar: 1/2 teaspoon
- Minced ginger and garlic
Instructions on how to make fried snails with lemongrass and chili at home is both easy and delicious
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Soak snails with rice water to let snails release dirt and mud out. Soaking time is from 1 to 2 hours and then wash the snails many times with clean water. Next, cut off the sharp tip of the snail with a knife to make it easier to remove the intestines when eating.
– Wash ginger, lime leaves, lemongrass, chili and garlic. Then, finely chop ginger, lemon leaves, lemongrass and chili, then peel and mince the garlic.
Step 2: How to stir-fry snails with lemongrass and chili
– Put the pan on the stove, pour in cooking oil, wait for the oil to heat up, add ginger, lemongrass, garlic and saute over low heat.
– Pour tomato sauce, season with a little salt, fish sauce into the pan, stir to mix the ingredients together.
– Pour the snail into the pan, stir quickly and evenly so that the spices cover the snail’s mouth. Then, add 2 bowls of water, close the lid and wait for it to boil.
– Note: If you like dry food, just add 1 bowl of water and stir-fry the snails on low heat.
– When the pan boils for about 10 minutes, turn off the heat.
Step 3: Make snail sauce
– In the recipe for stir-fried snails with lemongrass and chili, the dipping sauce will make the dish more delicious and attractive. You just need to put all the ingredients for the prepared dipping sauce into the bowl, stir and re-season to suit your taste.
Step 4: Enjoy
Scoop the snail into a bowl, when eating, use a toothpick to remove the snail’s flesh inside, dip it in the dipping sauce and enjoy.
Finished Product Requirements
With this recipe of fried snails with lemongrass and chili, you will get an undeniably attractive finished product, both spicy, fragrant and extremely attractive. On rainy, cold or weekend days, you can make this dish to treat your relatives and friends.
How to make fried snail with bamboo shoots
Ingredients for stir-fried snails with bamboo shoots
- Stuffed snails or snails: 1 kg
- Sour bamboo shoots: 0.5 kg
- Dried garlic: 1 bulb
- Coriander leaves: 1 small bunch
- Fresh onions: 1 small bunch
- Fresh chili peppers: 4
- Condiments: white wine, soy sauce, main noodles, cooking oil, seasoning seeds…
Instructions on how to make delicious fried snail with bamboo shoots at home
Step 1: Clean the snails
– Pour the water to wash the rice into a large bowl, put the snails in and soak for about 30 minutes to let the snails release all the dirt, then rinse the water vigorously to clean the snails.
Continue to soak the snail a second time in water to wash rice or water with a few slices of chili for 2-3 hours. When the time is up, wash the snail again to clean it completely.
Step 2: Prepare ingredients
– Boil water with a little salt, add sour bamboo shoots and boil for about 2 minutes. Then, pour the bamboo shoots into the basket, wait for the bamboo shoots to cool down, tear the bamboo shoots into fibers or slice thinly.
– Wash the fresh onion, scallions, cut the roots and finely chop. Peel the garlic, smash it, and chop it. Chili peppers are washed, thinly sliced.
Step 3: Clean the screw blade
The third step in the recipe for fried snails with bamboo shoots is to clean the snail’s tongue. After soaking, bring the snails to boil until the snails are cooked and open their mouths.
– Wait for the snail to cool and then use a sharp object to remove the blade. Note: If you choose snails to stir-fry, you need to cut off the snail core.
Squeeze the snail’s tongue with a little white wine and salt to remove the slimy and fishy snails. Then wash the snails with clean water thoroughly, dry.
Step 4: Stir-fry snails with bamboo shoots
Put the pan on the stove, fry the garlic with cooking oil and then add the pre-prepared bamboo shoots to stir-fry. When the bamboo shoots are hunted, season with a bit of soup powder and main noodles to make the bamboo shoots more flavorful.
When the bamboo shoots run out of water, turn off the stove and pour it on a separate plate. Return the pan to the stove and cook until the pan is dry. Next, saute garlic with chili and then add snails and stir-fry on high heat.
– Stir well, seasoning the snails to taste and continue until the snails run out of water, then add bamboo shoots to the island.
Season again to taste, stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Finally, add the scent of the ship and green onions to the island, turn off the heat.
Step 5: Enjoy
Remove the fried snails with bamboo shoots on a plate, sprinkle a little ground pepper on top and you’re done. You can enjoy this delicious dish with hot rice or rice paper, add a little more spicy fish sauce to enhance the taste.
Finished Product Requirements
Stir-fried snail with bamboo shoots is very rich, sour and crispy bamboo shoots mixed with sweet and chewy snail meat make anyone unable to resist. This is also a delicious “hot” drink in family and friends gatherings.
Tips for choosing delicious snails
If you don’t like the above types of snails, you can replace them with snails, stone snails… for processing. However, to get a plate of hot and delicious snails, you need to know how to choose delicious snails below:
– Should choose live snails to ensure freshness. When touching the grinder with your hand, if the screw is closed inward, it is a live snail.
– Dead snails often go deep inside and have a bad smell. You try dead snails by dropping all the snails into the water, the snails with the bottom rotated upwards, if you pick it up, it’s a dead snail, inedible.
– Choose snails with grinding that are close to the outer edge because those are fat snails that are both crispy and fatty. Particularly for snails, it is advisable to choose small ones to eat well.
Hopefully, with the recipe for fried snails with lemongrass and chili peppers and the recipe for fried snails with bamboo shoots above, you have had more delicious recipes to show off your talents when you have the opportunity. You can also refer to how to make steamed snails with lemongrass to change your taste. Good luck!