Best time to visit Kailash Mansarovar
The best time to visit this holy pilgrimage Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is between mid-May to mid-October, as the weather is clear and cold in these days. The day temperature is tolerable, but the night temperature drops below zero.
The process of travel organized by the Kailash Mansarovar government –
- Travel Registration – After the announcement of the date of travel registration by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, the traveler has to register by visiting this website kmy.gov.in.
- Travel Selection Notice – When the passenger is selected, he is informed via email or mobile.
- Reporting in Delhi – According to the scheduled itinerary, the traveler has to register a presence in Delhi.
Work completed by staying in Delhi for four days before the journey.
- Day First – Arriving at Delhi Gujarati Samaj Sadan and registering and residing.
- Second day – Medical check-up at Delhi Heart and Lung Institute (DHLI).
- Third day – Final medical check-up at ITBP Hospital.
- Fourth day – Working Chinese visa, Chinese currency yuan, travel fee etc.
The following documents have to be submitted after being selected in the government organized tour –
- Indian passport – valid for at least six months.
- Passport Photocopy front and back page.
- Passport Size Photo Current Time 6 Photos.
- Indemnity Bond (Form 1) – A non-judicial 100 / – stamp paper certified by a magistrate or notary of the first class, is the passenger going on the journey at his own risk.
- Undertaking (Form-2) – Consent letter for evacuation by helicopter in case of emergency.
- Consent (Form-3) – Consent letter for cremation of the dead body after the death of the traveler on the land of China.
Government of India organized Kailash Mansarovar Yatra route
1) Lipulekh Pass (Uttarakhand) Marg
Yatra duration – 21 days
Kumaon Mandal Development Corporation Uttarakhand has the responsibility of facilitating the journey from Lipulekh Pass to Uttarakhand.
Lipulekh Pass Travel Route in the Land of India
Delhi to Almora, Almora to Darchula. Darchula to Bundi 42 km by jeep.
Trekking by foot or by horse – 66 km
Darchula to Bundi 12 km, Bundi to Gunji-17 km, Gunji to Nabi – 6 km, Gunji to Kalapani – 10 km, Kalapani to Nabhidhang – 9 km, Nabhidhang to Lipulekh Chinese Border – 12 km.
Script passage pass in the land of china
By bus –
Lipulekh from Chinese border to Taklakot, Taklakot to Darchen base camp
2) Nathu La Pass (Sikkim)
Yatra duration – 18 days
Sikkim Tourism Development Corporation (STDC) is responsible for facilitating the Yatra route from Nathu La Pass Sikkim.
Nathu La Pass Travel route in the land of India
Delhi to Bagdogra
By bus –
Bagdogra to Gangtok, Gangtok to Sherathong China border
Nathu La Pass Travel Route in the Land of China
By bus –
Sherathong to Kangma, Kangma to Lazhi, Lazhi to Zhongba, Zhongba to Darchen Base Camp.
What precautions to take during the journey
- 1. Consume adequate food and fluids.
- 2. Do not wear tight or tight shoes.
- 3. Do not wear wet socks.
- 4. Do not ignore minor injuries like cuts, blisters on the body.
- 5. Do not sleep with the boot.
- 6. Do not carry too much weight (maximum 5 kg)
- 7. Do not consume smoking and alcohol during the journey, especially at high altitude, as it is dangerous. There can be serious consequences.
Which things to take in the journey
Woolen sweater, Monkey cap, Woolen glove, Woolen and Polyester sox, Sun glass, Trekking shoes, Battery, Large size rain coat. Son screen lotion, walking stick etc.
Mansarovar China is a lake located in Tibet. It is considered sacred in Hinduism and Buddhism. The lake is spread over an area of about 320 square kilometers. To its north is Mount Kailash and to the west is Rakshatal. It is situated at an elevation of about 4556 meters above sea level. Its perimeter is approximately 88 kilometers and the average depth is 90 meters.
Religious beliefs of Mansarovar
It is considered very sacred in Hinduism. Thousands of people take part in the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra every year to bathe in Mansarovar. According to Hindu mythology, this lake was first originated in the mind of Lord Brahma. In the Puranas it is described as ‘Ksheer Sagar’. It is also considered sacred in Buddhism. It is said that Lord Maya was identified with Rani Maya here. Jainism and the local Bonpa people of Tibet also consider it sacred.
Mount Kailash is a mountain range located in China Tibet, from which several important rivers originate – Brahmaputra, Indus, Sutlej, etc. This mountain is also known as Astapad, Ganaparvat and Rajatagiri. The height of Mount Kailash is 6,638 meters. According to Hindu belief, Mount Kailash is Mount Meru, which is the axis of Brahmand and is the main abode of Lord Shiva.
Mount Kailash is considered to be the most sacred place in the 4 main religions of the world- Hindu, Jain, Buddhist and Sikhism. The importance of Mount Kailash is understood not because of its height but because of its special shape.
The square shape of this mountain is considered as four points of the compass giving direction. The south part of Mount Kailash is considered as sapphire, the east part is crystal, the west is ruby and the north is considered as golden.
The residents believe that Buddhists believe that they come to this place and attain Nirvana. They believe that the mother of Lord Buddha traveled here. Jain religions believe that this Nirvana place of Adinath Rishabhdev is’ Ashtapad ‘ is. Some Sikh religions believe that Guru Nanakji also stopped here and meditated for a few days. Therefore it is also a sacred place for Sikhs.