What is Pad Thai? What materials are included?
Although the name sounds like Thailand, this dish is actually of foreign origin. Both noodles and the concept of frying and stir-frying were introduced by the Chinese. Thai chefs have combined the two, and added sauces with homegrown ingredients like fish sauce and tamarind. And to this day, this is the most famous dish in the world of Thai cuisine
Traditional Thai Pad Thai is made from fried eggs with noodles or fried with a thin layer of egg outside to make the dish more attractive. Along with that is a piece of tofu and some shrimp on top. Traditional Pad Thai does not have any meat other than dried shrimp and fresh shrimp. However, it has many different variations, there are places that add chicken and beef to attract Western guests. Pad Thai is usually eaten with chives and bean sprouts.
- 400g noodle soup
- 100g fresh shrimp
- 100g dried shrimp
- 2 pieces of tofu
- 2 chicken eggs
- 220g jaggery
- 100g white sugar
- Price, chives
- Red onion, garlic, chili
- 1 squeeze tamarind
- Fish sauce, lemon
How to make Pad Thai like a Thai
Step 1: Make Pad Thai Sauce
You put tamarind in a bowl, add a little warm water and then use a spoon to puree it. Then, filter through a sieve to get tamarind juice. Next, put the pan on the stove, turn to medium heat, then add crushed jaggery, fish sauce, white sugar, tamarind juice to cook. Cook until the ingredients are melted, then lower the heat and cook until the sauce is thick, turn off the heat and let it cool.
Step 2: Prepare ingredients
– The noodle soup you soak in cold water and then take it out to drain.
– Tofu you cut into small squares and then put in a pan of hot oil, fry until golden brown.
– Dried shrimp soaked in warm water to soften shrimp.
– Fresh shrimp you wash, remove only the shrimp on the back and then peel the shell, leaving only the tail.
– Bean sprouts and chives are washed with dilute salt water and then drained.
Step 3: Cook Pad Thai
– You heat the pan, then add the oil and garlic and fry until fragrant. Next, add the tofu and stir-fry, then add all the shrimp to the island.
– Season with a little salt, monosodium glutamate. About 3 minutes, you add noodles, shrimp and tofu.
– Stir-fry until the pho is loose. When the pho is hot, break the eggs into a bowl, stir well, then add the eggs and stir-fry together. Stir-fry thoroughly so that the egg coat is evenly spread on the noodles.
Step 4: Done
Then, you add the sauce mixture, stir well and season to taste. A standard Pad Thai dish will have a little water left and the sauce will soak into it, creating a salty, sour taste.
Step 5: Enjoy
Finally, when the ingredients are cooked, add the bean sprouts and fried shallots again. If you eat it spicy, you can add sliced in. Now you just need to put the dish on a plate with a banana leaf spread, sprinkle crushed roasted peanuts on top of a few chives and enjoy!
So the way to make Pad Thai is done. Soft noodles, sweet and fresh shrimp soaked in sour and salty spices are really interesting, aren’t they?
Eat Pad Thai the right way
Thai people will never use Pad Thai with steamed rice or curry. It belongs to the category of one dish in a meal. In addition to beans and chives, Pad Thai can be eaten with banana flowers or added lemon juice to increase the sourness. When eating Pad Thai, you can add ingredients such as dried chili and fish sauce to suit your taste.
With the above way of making Pad Thai at home, hope you will show off your talent to bring attractive dishes to your family! Good luck.