Although, the fish has a fishy smell, but the fish meat is very delicious, fragrant, not greasy and can be processed into many attractive dishes such as: Braised sesame with ginger, braised sesame with turmeric, braised bream with galangal, and cooked with sesame fish in soup. Sour, sesame braised with soy sauce… Sesame meat also has many great uses for the body such as: Helps strengthen bones, strengthens the brain, makes medicine, helps reduce blood pressure…
How to prepare non-fishy catfish
In order for the fish to no longer smell fishy and the dish has a more delicious taste, you need to know how to properly prepare the fish. When buying catfish, you clean the scales, remove the intestines inside, scrape off the black membrane in the fish’s belly and then wash it. Next, you use ginger, white wine or salt to rub the fish body and then wash the fish several times with water to clean the slime and remove the fishy smell.
Braised sesame fish with galangal
Ingredients of braised sesame fish with galangal
- 1 catfish
- 200g pork belly
- 200g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 galangal
- Green onion, dried onion, ginger, chili
- Cooking oil, sugar, fish sauce, monosodium glutamate, pepper
How to make braised sesame fish with galangal
Step 1: Prepare sesame fish and ingredients
– When buying, you should prepare it according to the instructions above, then cut the fish into bite-sized pieces. Then, marinate the fish with minced dried onions, little salt, little sugar and ground pepper, mix well, marinate for 30 minutes.
– Bacon, you wash, cut into bite-sized pieces, drain.
– You take galangal tubers to peel off the skin, cut into thin slices.
– Peel the ginger and chop it finely.
– Cut the chili in half, remove the seeds.
– Shiitake mushrooms soaked in water and cut in half.
– Wash the green onions and cut them into pieces.
Step 2: Fry the fish
– Put the pan on the stove, add cooking oil, when the oil is hot, you put the fish in. Next, pour the oil into the bowl, leave a little and then add the dried onions to fry. Then, add bacon and shiitake mushrooms to stir-fry. Season with a little MSG, salt, and sugar and stir-fry.
Step 3: Sesame stock with galangal
– You put galangal in that pot, then sesame fish, followed by pork belly, sauteed shiitake mushrooms. Next, you put the fish sauce in with 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar.
– Put the pot on the stove and cook with low heat. Store for about 15 minutes, season to taste, then add a little colored water, chili and filtered water to cover the fish. Continue to store until the water is almost dry, then turn off the stove, add green onions and pepper.
Braised Sesame Fish with Turmeric
Ingredients of Braised Sesame Fish with Turmeric
- 1 catfish
- Fresh turmeric
- Green onion, chili
- 2 fresh coconuts
- Fish sauce, salt, ground pepper, salt, sugar, cooking oil
How to make Braised Sesame Fish with Turmeric
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– Preliminary processing of sesame fish and then cut the fish into pieces.
– Fresh coconut chop to get water.
– Fresh turmeric peeled off the shell, a part is crushed, the rest is sliced.
– Chili seeds removed, cut bevels.
– Wash the green onions and cut them into short pieces.
Step 2: Marinate the catfish
– Sesame fish you put in a bowl with crushed turmeric, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of seasoning, 4 tablespoons of fish sauce, a little chili and mix well. Marinate the fish for about 30 minutes for the fish to absorb.
Step 3: Braise sesame fish with turmeric
– You put sliced turmeric on the bottom of the pot, put the marinated fish in, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil with water and then store it on medium heat. When the water boils, you lower the fire until the water dries up and has a thick consistency.
Step 4: Done
Finally, you turn off the stove, add green onions and ground pepper on top and enjoy!
Braised sesame fish with soy sauce
Ingredients of braised sesame fish with soy sauce
- 100g soy sauce
- 1 catfish
- 2 green star fruit
- Seasoning, salt, pepper, cooking oil
- Chili, green onion
How to make braised sesame fish with soy sauce
Step 1: Prepare and fry fish
– You clean the catfish and then cut the fish into pieces. Then, put the fish in a pan of hot oil and fry until golden brown. Thus, braised fish will be more delicious and will not be crushed when stored.
Step 2: Braise sesame fish with soy sauce
– Next, you add the purple onion to the pan, then add the soy sauce along with a little filtered water. At this point, you add seasoning, sugar, monosodium glutamate and put the catfish in a simmer for 30 minutes. Store until the water thickens, then add the sour star fruit and keep it for about 5 minutes, then turn off the stove.
Step 3: Done
– Finally, you add pepper, chili and green onions to create aroma and spicy taste to complete the dish.
With the above methods of delicious and non-fishy braised fish, you can be completely confident to treat the whole family to a delicious and rich braised fish dish. Good luck.