Rock sprouts only grow in high rocky areas, growing in the cold season around November to March of the solar calendar, so not everywhere. The colder the weather, the more delicious and sweet the ice sprouts will be. The taste of rock sprouts is similar to that of cabbage, but sweeter and softer. Sprouts can be boiled, salted and especially fried with buffalo or beef. Not only that, stone sprouts are also a medicine to strengthen bones and joints, restore health, and stop alcohol.
Stir-fried rock sprouts with beef
Stir-fried beef with rock sprouts ingredients
– 300g filet mignon
– 200g lard
– 1 – 2 stone sprouts
– Green onions, garlic
– Ginger, fresh garlic, green onion
– Fish sauce, monosodium glutamate, seasoning, oyster sauce
How to make stir-fried sprouts
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
– When buying sprouts, you separate each small branch and then wash it under the tap. No need to soak with salt water, you just need to wash with tap water. Then you cut the rock sprouts into bite-sized pieces. Do not slice thinly because the sprouts are very quick to ripen.
– Ginger and garlic clean the skin, minced.
– The beef you bring is washed, cut into thin pieces, then marinated with 1 teaspoon of seasoning, ½ teaspoon of sugar, ground pepper, minced ginger and garlic. Then mix well and marinate for about 20 minutes for the meat to infuse the flavors.
– You rub the lard with salt to clean it and then put it in the pan to get the fat to stir-fry the rock sprouts.
Step 2: Stir-fry beef
You put the pan on the stove, add the lard, when the fat is hot, add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant, then add the beef and stir fry for about 3 minutes, then put the meat on a plate.
Step 3: Stir-fry the sprouts
– Using that pan, you add rock sprouts to stir-fry. Then add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, ½ teaspoon of MSG, and ½ teaspoon of sugar to stir-fry. When the rock sprouts are almost cooked, add the beef and stir-fry together. About 2 minutes, you put a tablespoon of oyster sauce evenly on the surface of the stone sprouts, stir-fry well and then turn off the heat. You put the rock sprouts and stir-fry beef on a plate and sprinkle some pepper.
– Stir-fried stone sprouts with meat has a very sweet taste, the water in the stone sprouts mixed with the taste of beef will give you a feeling of freshness and harmony. In particular, when using lard to stir-fry, you will get a green, glossy, non-fatiguing product that is even more enjoyable.
Boiled stone sprouts
In addition to stir-fried beef with rock sprouts, you can also make boiled stone sprouts in the following way:
Boiled stone sprout ingredients
– 1 – 2 stone sprouts
– 1 egg
How to make boiled stone sprouts
Step 1: When buying sprouts, you separate them into small branches, then wash them with water. Eggs you wash the outer shell.
Step 2: You put the pot on the stove, when the water boils, put the eggs in and boil for about 7 minutes, then take them out and put them in cold water. Then peel and cut into 4 parts.
Step 3: Continue, boil water and then put the stone sprouts in and boil for about 2 minutes. You take out the plate and put the eggs in.
That’s it, you should note, when boiling the rock sprouts, you should not boil it for too long because the stone sprouts are easy to cook, which will make the vegetables no longer delicious. You eat boiled stone sprouts with soy sauce to add a few slices of chili to feel their pure taste.
Note when preparing dishes from stone sprouts
– When boiling or stir-frying the rock sprouts, you just need to stir-fry until just cooked, so that the rock sprouts still retain the crunchy texture, not too soft.
Stir-fry with high heat to keep the vegetables green.
Use pork fat to make the dish more delicious.
Rock sprouts can be made into vegetarian or savory dishes. The sweet and crispy taste of the rock sprouts will definitely make you not want to stop chopsticks. Good luck.