Tips for delicious crispy squid
In order for squid dishes to be crispy and delicious, it is important that you know how to choose fresh squid and how to properly prepare squid.
How to choose fresh squid
You must choose the squid that is alive, thick, clear white, not crushed, firm and has a brown film covering the body. Do not choose the ivory green ones, the meat is pasty, the head is not attached to the body, and there is a bad smell.
How to get rid of fishy smell and tips to make squid crispy
When buying squid, you can wash the squid with ginger juice or use sesame oil, a little white wine to wash the ink, so the ink will quickly remove the fishy smell. If you want the squid to be crispy when stir-fried, you should soak the squid in salt water for about 5 minutes. Or you can blanch the squid in boiling water and then immediately put it in ice cold water.
Squid should be fried with what vegetables?
Fresh squid can be combined with satay or stir- fried with vegetables such as onions, broccoli or mixed, which increases the attractiveness of this dish. Now, let’s go to the kitchen to make fried squid with satay!
How to make super delicious satay fried squid
Squid is a type of seafood with high nutritional value, bringing many good effects for health. Eating squid helps provide the body with protein and essential minerals. Typical benefits such as boosting immunity, preventing cancer, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory. However, because it contains high cholesterol, you should note that it should be used appropriately in the daily menu.
Ingredients for making fried squid with satay
- Leaf squid (or squid): 500 gr
- Onion: 1 piece
- Garlic, scallions, coriander, horn chili
- Tomato: 1 fruit
- Bell peppers: 2
- Seasoning: Fish sauce, seasoning powder, cooking oil, pepper, satay.
Steps to make fried squid with satay
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
- After buying squid, you wash it and then wash it with white wine or ginger juice to remove the fishy smell. Then, you use a knife to cut off the outer purple film, then cut diagonal lines on the squid body and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Marinate the squid with a little minced garlic, pepper, and satay for about 15 minutes for the squid to infuse the spices.
- Garlic peeled, smashed, minced.
- Peel the onion, wash and slice it.
- Green onions and coriander are picked, washed, and then cut into small pieces.
- Tomato cut, wash and trim areca.
- Wash bell peppers, remove intestines, cut into squares.
Step 2: Processing
- Put the pan on the stove, add the cooking oil, wait for it to boil, then add the minced garlic and fry until fragrant, then add the onion and stir-fry quickly. Then, you put the squid in and stir-fry until the squid meat is firm. Note: if you want the squid meat to have a strong spicy flavor, at this time you can add 5 tablespoons of satay to stir-fry with the squid.
- You add bell peppers, tomatoes and satay (if you did not add them in the above step) and stir-fry with squid. At this point, you taste the seasoning to taste. You continue to stir until the ingredients are cooked.
Step 3: Present the dish
Before turning off the stove, add scallions and cilantro and gently stir, then you can put them on a plate. So you complete the fried squid satay.
How to make delicious fried squid with lemongrass and chili curry
Ingredients for stir-fried squid with lemongrass and chili curry
- Small squid: 300 gr
- Whole rice flour
- Onion: 1 piece
- Chili pepper: 1 fruit
- Minced garlic
- Seasoning: Seasoning, salt, monosodium glutamate, fish sauce, pepper, sugar, cooking oil, oyster sauce.
Steps to make fried squid with lemongrass and chili curry
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
Onions: peel, wash and trim the areca. Chili pepper: washed, finely chopped
Squid: you prepare as above. With squid, you should cut into slices, the finished dish will be more beautiful. Next, marinate the squid with 1 teaspoon of salt, 3 tablespoons of curry powder, a little fish sauce and cooking oil, and 1 tablespoon of sugar, ground pepper and garlic, minced chili for about 30 minutes for the squid to absorb the spices.
Step 2: Stir-fry squid
Put the pan on the stove and add the cooking oil. When the cooking oil is hot, add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Put the squid in and stir-fry until you see the squid start to hunt again, then add the onion and stir well. At this point, you can taste the seasoning to taste. When the squid is cooked, you can turn off the stove. Note: do not stir-fry for too long to avoid making the squid too tough.
Step 3: Finish the dish
Put the fried squid and sauce on a plate, sprinkle with a little ground pepper to complete the dish.
Above is how to make fried squid with satay and fried squid with lemongrass and chili curry extremely delicious and attractive. The spicy taste from these dishes is a bit bold, but it makes you unable to let go of your chopsticks, eat them all the time and never get bored.