For generations, the old traditional cuisine of the Vietnamese people has always been associated with creative and unique fresh noodles that have been handed down to the future. And I don’t know since when, vermicelli has become a favorite dish in all regions and even when processed with other ingredients, it also becomes a specialty with its own imprint.
Instructions on how to make fresh noodles from delicious rice flour
Ingredients to prepare to make fresh vermicelli
- 200g rice flour
- 35g tapioca flour
- Salt, cooking oil, filtered water
- Noodle molds, pots and food wraps
How to make fresh vermicelli
Step 1: Prepare rice flour
– First, you put the rice flour into a clean, dry bowl. Next, mix 1/3 teaspoon salt with rice flour in a dry state thoroughly.
After mixing rice flour with salt, slowly pour filtered water into the flour, while pouring and stirring until the powder absorbs water evenly. When the mixture begins to thicken, use a chopstick to knead it thoroughly so that the dough does not become lumpy.
– Use a damp curtain or food wrap to cover the mouth of the dough bowl to keep the flour and insects moist. The dough is left to rest for 2 hours.
Step 2: Knead the dough
– After 2 hours, put a pan or pot on the stove and let it dry.
– Put 1 teaspoon of cooking oil in the pan and then settle it so that the oil spreads all over the bottom of the pan.
– Put all the rice flour in, reduce the heat to the lowest level.
– About 3-5 minutes, the rice flour will become smooth and not sticky anymore, at this time you turn off the stove to put the pan on a flat tray.
When the dough is still hot, quickly pour 35g of tapioca flour into the rice flour, wear gloves and knead the dough thoroughly. After kneading for 10 minutes, you let the dough rest for 30 minutes and then add a second time. If the dough is more flexible, the more thoroughly kneaded, the softer and sweeter the noodles will be.
Step 3: Squeeze the vermicelli
– You prepare a pot and then add about 2 liters of water, you can use the pan that has just stirred the flour to boil the vermicelli.
– Boil a pot of water with ½ teaspoon of cooking oil. When the water starts to boil, put the dough into the vermicelli press and quickly squeeze your hands to put the vermicelli into the pot of boiling water.
After pressing the vermicelli, boil the vermicelli with medium heat until the noodles are clear and white.
– Fry the vermicelli thoroughly to drain the water so that the vermicelli does not become mushy.
Notes in the technique of making vermicelli
– When pressing, you can adjust the size of the noodles. For example, to cook Hue beef noodle soup, you choose a large fiber press. If it is snail vermicelli, fish vermicelli, vermicelli … then you only use microfiber molds.
– For vermicelli, to make vermicelli, after pressing, pour it into the basket while it is still hot. You take the right amount of vermicelli, wrap the noodles tightly with 3 fingers or a large chopstick, then fold them apart. After wrapping the vermicelli, use a plate to gently press the surface of the vermicelli to quickly dry the vermicelli. After 3 hours, you will have strong and delicious vermicelli leaves to make noodle soup.
– Homemade fresh vermicelli has larger fibers than outside restaurants, the delicious taste of rice, especially to ensure food safety for the whole family. However, the noodles will not be so white and crispy as in the store because they do not contain borax.
That’s it, you have completed the delicious traditional way of making fresh vermicelli . Just spend a little time and you have instant noodles that are both clean, without additives, borax or bleach… and delicious.