Method 1: Stir-fried sweet and sour ribs with vinegar, ketchup and sugar
Ingredients for preparing sweet and sour fried pork ribs
- 600g pork ribs, washed and cut into pieces
- 1.5 tablespoons tapioca or flour
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 dried onion, 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pinch salt, pepper and seasoning powder
- 1 sprig of scallions, washed and finely chopped
How to make sweet and sour fried ribs
- Step 1: First, dry the ribs with water and then use spices including salt, pepper, seasoning powder, fish sauce to marinate ribs . Use chopsticks to stir or wear nylon gloves to mix well so that the ribs can easily absorb the seasoning. Then let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Step 2 : Then, you put tapioca flour or flour into the bowl of ribs, mix well so that the dough sticks evenly on the ribs.
- Step 3: Put the pan on the stove with enough oil to cover the ribs, heat it up, then pour in the ribs and fry them briefly. If the ribs are yellow, take them out to a bowl.
- Step 4: In another pan, add a little cooking oil and heat, add onions and garlic and fry until fragrant. Then add ketchup and stir-fry until the ketchup turns a beautiful red color.
- Step 5: When the ketchup has a nice color, you just add the ribs, add a little sugar, stir well, then add vinegar and add a little water to stir-fry until the ribs are soft.
- Step 6 : When the ribs absorb the spices and drain off the water, sprinkle scallions on top, scoop out the plate and you’re done.
Method 2: Sweet and sour fried ribs with pineapple and tomato
- Step 1: After chopping the ribs to taste, wash them with diluted salt water and briefly boil them in boiling water, take them out to dry and then put them in a bowl to marinate with a little minced onion, garlic, fish sauce, ground pepper, and sugar. Let it sit for about 30 minutes for the ribs to absorb the seasoning.
- Step 2: You put the pot on the stove to heat, pour some cooking oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Next, put the marinated ribs into the stir-fry. Pour cold water over the ribs, stew until the water dries up, the ribs are soft and delicious .
- Step 3: Mix flour in a cup of filtered water, stir to dissolve the flour, then dip each rib into the flour so that the flour evenly covers the ribs. At this time, fry the ribs with oil in a pan until golden brown, remove the ribs on paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Step 4: Step 4: Add vinegar with a little salt, sugar, monosodium glutamate in a pot, bring to a boil, add tapioca starch mixed with filtered water and stir until the sauce turns green. You can taste so that the sauce has a sweet and sour taste and a bit of salty taste, and then lift it down.
- Step 5 : Tomatoes, cucumbers, pineapples, onions, after being washed, will be cut into bite-sized pieces, then pour in and stir-fry with high heat to fresh green vegetables. Stir a few times, then pour over the golden fried ribs earlier, drizzle the sauce on top.
Method 3: Southern style sweet and sour fried ribs
Ingredients for preparing stir-fried pork ribs
- 500g pork ribs
- 4 purple onions
- 4 garlic bulbs
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 green onions
- Salt, seasoning, sugar, ground pepper, apple cider vinegar and cooking oil
How to make Southern style sweet and sour ribs
- Step 1: First, you prepare the ingredients by cutting off the scallions roots, wash them and cut them into small pieces, put them in a separate bowl. Young ribs are washed, drained and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Step 2 : Mix vinegar sauce according to the ratio: 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup, add 1 tablespoon of sugar, 3 tablespoons of filtered water and 1/3 teaspoon of salt. Mix all together and set aside. If you don’t have vinegar, use 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or 2 tablespoons of tamarind juice.
- Step 3: Processing:
- Put a pan of oil on the stove, oil the pan evenly. When the oil is hot, add minced garlic and shallots and fry until fragrant. Stir well for onion and garlic until fragrant and turn golden, then add marinated ribs with stir-fried seasoning.
- Stir-fry until the ribs are golden and firm, then add the mixed sugar vinegar and add a few slices of chopped chili, stirring well.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until ribs absorb seasoning, season to taste. When the sauce thickens and thickens, add scallions and 1/3 teaspoon ground pepper again and turn off the heat.
That’s it, we have completed 3 ways to make sweet and sour ribs that are delicious and right for the whole family. Although sweet and sour fried ribs are a bit complicated to prepare and process, they are delicious dishes that are easy and quick to make. Now is the time for delicious food to be ready for the whole family to enjoy. Have a good meals!
Video on how to make sweet and sour pork ribs perfectly